We spent the week between Christmas and New Year's at Eagle Ranch and helped host a "Light the Night" New Year's Eve youth lock in at a local (meaning within 2 hours) church. We were so excited to be able to participate this year and had the opportunity to meet so many people. The evening included a combined adult/youth service where we had many people make decisions to give their heart to Jesus. The youth then ate and played games all night. Our home church, Sardis Baptist Church, allowed us to take 9 Square in the Air, and it was a HUGE hit. There was a line to play the entire night. We had a youth worship service and brought the new year in at the altar praying for God's guidance for the new year. They continued to play games, watch movies, participate in a talent show and fellowship with one another. We all left (barely awake) at 7:00 am New Year's morning. It was a great success, and we can't wait to host many more events once we get there. For more pictures and some great videos from the talent show, check out our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EagleRanchMissionTrainingandRevivalCenter/?fref=ts.
While we were there, we were able to meet with our board of directors and put a plan in place. As you may have heard, we have raised the first $50,000 for the construction of bunk facilities and a concrete bath house. Once these are completed we will be able to sleep 75-80 people. Construction began on the bunk facilities this Tuesday. We are so thankful for Sebby, Steve and friends for getting this started. We will begin construction on the bath house in March when the weather is more favorable for concrete construction.
We are currently working on rebranding with a new logo and a social media campaign, so stay tuned to the blog and facebook for some contest announcements soon!
Many of you have asked how you can help. I have an answer for you! Here are several ways in which you can partner with us in this ministry:
- Prayer- Please pray for our family and this ministry as we venture out into a world of unknown. We know that God is in control, and we are so excited to see Him work, but we have a lot of work ourselves to be doing and it can be overwhelming at times. We are also waiting on the sale of our house. We covet your prayers.
- Monthly Support- Rob and I are supporting our family financially while in this transition and will be paying our own expenses with the sale of our house. But we are raising monthly support for the monthly operation costs of Eagle Ranch. These expenses are $2,500 each month.
- Project Specific Support- We will begin raising money for the following projects/needs:
- Mattresses for the bunk beds (we are still working on pricing)
- Instruments for the worship band
- a Mac laptop for worship/video
- A projector
- Paintball equipment
- Tables/Chairs for dining/worship seating for 80 people
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment (Gas Stove, Refrigerator, Freezer)
- Construction Projects- We need to raise funds for materials and we need some mission teams to come help us build the following:
- Closing in the pole barn
- Road infrastructure- bridge over creek, gravel, road construction
Matthew 17:20 - And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Thank you for partnering with us, especially in prayer.
All contributions are tax-deductible and you will receive a tax receipt from Kerrs Creek Baptist Church Eagle Ranch Ministries.