Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lessons Learned.....From Our Children

The Vaughn's went to the Gator baseball game Friday night. It was a first (and most definitely a last) experience for me. We were with some friends, and we decided to take the kids and go home, leaving the men behind.

Cade and his friend were in the backseat, and then I hear the sweetest words I have ever heard. Cade was telling his buddy all about Jesus; that he died on the cross, that we sin, he had all of his details in order. It was quite humorous that he was the most descriptive of Satan and Hell. He had that part of the discussion down pat:)

As I listened, I couldn't help but think how precious a child's faith is. As an adult, I have never had that kind of courage to openly share the story of Jesus with my friends. Cade never thought twice about it. I was so proud of him, yet somewhat ashamed of myself that I have never been that bold. I told him how proud I was of him, and that he did just what God wants us to do. He wants us to tell EVERYBODY about His love and what He has done for us.

I want to encourage you to be more childlike in sharing God's love with others. Never waste an opportunity. We never know what kind of impact we may have. If Cade can do it, I certainly have no excuses.

No comments: