Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prayers for Elyse

I know it has been quite some time since I posted.  I have so much to share, but God has laid something else on my heart to share with you.

elyse

 

Last week, Taylor and Kristy Hancock found out that their precious 3 year old daughter, Elyse, has leukemia.  They have since been in Shands, where Elyse is receiving chemo.  I went to visit them yesterday, and my heart is broken.  But when I left, I was determined to let God use me in any way He will to help this family.  So….I am coming to you all to ask you to help this family.  Kristy said the main thing they need right now is blood and platelets.  It doesn’t matter what blood type you are, just give if you can.  They can give Elyse credits and this will help tremendously.  If you go, just let them know you are giving for Elyse Hancock.

Most importantly, please PRAY for them.  Pray for Elyse’s body to respond to the chemo and that it will kill all of the cancer.  Pray that the side effects will be minimal.  Pray for rest for Elyse, as well as her parents.  They have a 5 year old daughter, who started Kindergarten yesterday. Kristy was really bummed about not being able to be there.  Pray for Audrey (the five year old.)  Her normal is about to become a new normal. 

I also want to ask you to pray for Kaedyn Ballew.  He is a 10 month old baby fighting leukemia as well.  He is a couple of doors down from Elyse. You can keep up with his journey at www.kaedynlove.com.  This is a precious family that is in the fight of their lives as well.

I know that as heart wrenching as it is to see these little ones suffer, I also know that He who created us, knew us before we were conceived.  He knew these little ones would one day fight this battle.  He knew that others would reach out in His name to share the love of Christ with those that are suffering.  Isn’t it awesome that God is in control?  That we can trust Him, even with the lives of our children?  I can’t imagine how tough it is for these parents to see their children going through this.  But even though I can’t imagine it, I do know that God knows their hurt, their pain, their needs.  Sometimes as unimaginable as it can seem, what is completely unimaginable is going through something like this, without the hope we have in Jesus Christ.  Even when things aren’t going as we would wish, if you know Jesus, you know how it all ends…in Victory!  He has fought the battle for us!

If you do not know that kind of love, that kind of mercy, that kind of trust, that kind of hope, I encourage you to ask someone more about how to know Him.  Life is short.  So don’t live it without Him!

No comments: