Monday, May 17, 2010

Bodie's Baby Shower

My dear friend, Mindy, just had a precious baby boy named Bodie. I was so blessed to get to share her pregnancy experience with her. We have once-a-week lunch dates at Moes (my favorite that never gets old!) So of course, when I found out she was having a baby, I started planning the party. She chose a woodland theme for her nursery (complete with a custom crib built by her husband!)

I love to make wreaths for the Momma to take to the hospital. Here is Mindy's wreath:




Of course I had to make the cake too! Here is Bodie's tree:


It was a sour cream pound cake with buttercream icing, covered in fondant leaves.

I didn't get a picture of the complete food table, but we had an ice cream sundae/float buffet. It was sooooo YUMMY!

Here is Mindy and me:

I also painted a canvas to match the theme, but it is on my camera who presently has a dead battery. I will have to post it another time.

Sorry for the blog slacking. I have lots to share, including my sister's wedding, along with my very first wedding cake. I'll try to post those later.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: