Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Long Overdue Catch-up Post

It has been forever since I have posted a blog.  I don’t even know if anyone reads it anymore, but I need to do a catch-up post so we can save our memories. 

The last few weeks have been busy!!!  I have hardly had time to write a blog, much less read my favorites.  However, I have become more interested in The Small  Things Blog.  This girl is cute as a button, and teaches you how to do many different hairstyles on her Youtube channel.  I have had lots of fun learning how to manhandle this mop.  Here is one attempt:

hair She talks about different hair products, and I have fallen in love with some of them.  I will have to post a Favorite  Things soon and share them with you.

Valentine’s Day came and went, and Rob and I had a hot date the weekend before to celebrate.  I surprised him with tickets to see Merle Haggard.  We had so much fun just spending time with one another.

I tried to get a good picture of the two of us, but we had a hard time.  Rob didn’t want to cooperate:)

silly So I decided to give up and join him!!!

really silly We did get one really good picture of the two of us.

merle 

Rob and I celebrated early because the High School girls in our youth group had a GALentine Date at the bowling alley.  I have some cute pictures, but I don’t have their permission to post them.  We had so much fun and they are always such a blessing to me!!!

Speaking of youth, Rob, myself and our High School Sunday School class pulled an awesome prank on our youth pastor.  We have been told he is the ultimate prankster, but we got him good.  That will be a post all to itself tomorrow.

The kids have been doing great.  I don’t ever have any pictures of Cade because he thinks he is way too old and way too cool to have his picture taken.  Especially if he thinks it will end up on the blog.  He is doing so well, and is a great big brother.  He is my heart, and I love him so much!!!

Sassy is as sassy as ever!!!  She wears uniforms to school, so she has to sass them up with some cool shoes.  Every girl needs some glitter combat boots!  She is such a joy:)

sg boots

Emmy celebrated her three-month birthday in the pediatrician’s office with a nasty cold. 

emmy sick She weighed 12 pounds 6 ounces, and is so laid back.  She is a doll baby!!!

My last update is on my book.  I actually spent a couple of hours working on it last week.  I have really had a hard time getting motivated to work on it, but it’s coming along.

Hopefully now that we are all caught up I can do a better job of keeping up. 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love that you are learning hair tricks from YouTube. Adam learned how to cook greens the other night from a YouTube video! Where would we be without it?! :) Ha

Thanks so much for checking on us last week. It means so much to know that others are praying for you.