Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Long Time Comin’

I know, I know.  You thought my blog fell off the face of the earth.  It kinda has.  Life is so busy, and I’m stretched in so many different directions that it has fallen by the wayside.  However, there is lots to report!!!

First- the book is FINALLY in the production stage.  Can we get a hearty AMEN?!?  I am praying we will have them in print in a few short weeks.  It will be available on Amazon and several other online bookstores like barnesandnoble.com.  I will also be holding a book signing event in May.  Details will be coming shortly.

Speaking of books, I am traveling for my first speaking engagement as an author next month.  I am headed to Virginia for the Faith, Hope & Love Women’s conference.  I am so excited to get to share what God is doing in our lives with other ladies.  But I am nervous about traveling by myself.

In other family news, we just got back from a short cruise vacation to the Bahamas.  We called it “The Vaughn 1st Annual Come Just As You Are” vacation.  There were no diets, no tans, no dress clothes, no cameras (except my phone), no iron, and minimal luggage.  So minimal that myself, SG and Emmy all packed in one bag.  It was an adventure on the Carnival Sensation.

We were so low maintenance that the kids didn’t even want to get off the ship in the Bahamas.  So we spent some time enjoying no lines at the onboard water park.

The waterslides were a HUGE hit.  After 2 1/2 hours on the slide, we were water-logged.  I even got in on the sliding action.

20140307_11324920140307_113439

These kids do like each other…a little bit.

20140307_113325

Emmy was not left out of the fun.  But she did NOT like the water.  It was a little chilly.

20140307_11352620140307_121303

After the waterslides, the kids wanted to go to Camp Carnival for some activities, so we took Cade and SG to the “club” and took off onto the island for some shopping.  We were back within an hour.

Nothing like losing a front tooth on vacation.  She pulled it herself.  And the remaining front tooth is hanging by a thread.

20140307_185909

We got a little silly at times.

20140307_193021

We intentionally didn’t have ANY professional pictures taken.  Remember…this was a low maintenance vacation.  Just the thought of getting everyone dressed up and coordinated wore me out.  I even wore jeans every night to dinner.  GASP!!!

That being said, we did get some good some pictures at dinner taken by Cade.

20140307_190342

And one family picture for the WIN!!!

20140308_183531

This was probably one of the BEST vacations we have ever taken.  We had the best of both worlds.  We got to spend time as a family, and at night, Rob and I got to act like the kids that we are.  We took the Disney Cruise last year, so I thought the kids would be a little bummed out by this one. But to my surprise, they both said they liked this one “way better.”  That is a good thing because it was “WAY CHEAPER.”  We liked it better too.  No lines and no stress.  While I LOVE everything Disney, and would definitely do another Disney cruise, you feel like you have to take part in EVERY.SINGLE.ACTIVITY because it costs so much money.  You don’t want to miss a thing.  This year, the cruise was cheap, but the time we got to spend together was priceless.

We are so blessed with our amazing family, and the time we get to spend together.  To God be the glory, great things He has done!

No comments: