Friday, March 28, 2014

Vaughn Family Update

The Vaughns are in a cycle of change at the moment.  Not only did our book finally become available, we have some other changes coming down the pipe as well.

Two weeks ago, I gave my dad my notice that I was leaving the family business.  I was scared to death to tell him, because he believes in hard work.  My mother still works full time.  But when you are obedient to voice of the Holy Spirit, He just pours down grace and mercy, and takes care of everything.  Dad was so supportive and I couldn’t have asked for a better response.

As of May 15th, I will no longer have an office job.  I will be a student.  I am going back to school to finish my Bachelor’s degree in Family, Youth and Community Sciences.  I have 14 classes to finish, so I am planning on hitting them head-on full time.  I start in the Summer! My heart is in student counseling, so I am following God’s lead on that.  God has opened so many doors it is unbelievable.  I will write some follow-up posts because I want you to see how following Jesus with all of your heart has HUGE blessings.  It’s not always easy, but He sure works it out.

I am excited to be able to be home with our kids for the first time.  Not only will Summer bring change for them, but so will the Fall.  They will be leaving their school where they have been since the beginning of time, and transitioning to our local school system.  Though I was nervous at first, I now have a total peace that they will be taken care of.  We are blessed with one of the best school systems in the country.  Half of our church is employed by the school district, so I am assured they will be watched afterSmile  With this change comes middle school sports.  Cade is excited to play football for the Tigers, and I am excited about him getting involved in FFA.  He has made mention of showing a hog, so I am THRILLED!!!  SaraGrace will get to go to school with all of her church friends, and has made a request to learn how to twirl a baton    (cue 911).  So many opportunities await them there, and I am excited to get to spend more time with the people that I love the most.

 

Please pray that we will continue to be obedient to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as we embark on these new adventures.  I have had some wonderful feedback with the book, and I’m looking forward to seeing how God is going to use it.

Much love!!!

No comments: