Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goin' on a Mission.....

We are rarin' to go! Rob and I are so excited about our upcoming mission trip to West Virginia. We will be leaving (all four of us) Friday morning, to meet up with the Volpes and head to the Appalachian Trail. We will be doing VBS with a church in Meadowbridge. This is our first home missions trip, and the kids very first mission trip. I am super excited to share this experience as a family.

Since our first mission trip, Cade has been very interested in missions, and helping others who have less than we do. We have been to Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Before our Costa Rica trip, we practiced our Rosetta Stone Spanish, and Cade loved to hear us try to say these Spanish words with our country accent. When he found out that he was going with us, here is the conversation that followed:

Cade: Mom! I am so excited!! I have worked so hard on my Spanish this year. I can talk to the kids in West Virginia, and they will be able to understand me. Won't that be cool?

Me: Well, Cade, where we are going, the kids speak English.

Cade: But they spoke Spanish in Nicaragua and Costa Rica.

Me: Yeah, but WV is in America, and we speak English in America.

Cade: Then why is Disney World in America? They speak Spanish!

It was the cutest thing. He was so excited. So here's praying for at least one Spanish-speaking child that can talk to Cade and he can use his Spanish:)

You know, Satan has a way of trying to discourage you, especially when you are gearing up to do the Lord's work. These last few weeks have been extremely trying in our house. Then to top it all off, I wrecked my car a little, and have to replace 2 tires before we can leave. But as I was reminded by a dear friend, the Bible promises that Satan will attack us, discourage us, and leave us for dead. That we know is true. So if that part is true, we have to know that it is also true that God will never leave us or forsake us. He always prevails.

I am going to do my best to update daily while we are there. Please pray for the people of Meadowbridge, WV. That their hearts will be opened to the message of the love of Christ. Please also pray for our mission team, and our families, as I am sure this is going to be quite the experience:) And pray for us as we travel many hours with 2 young children, because you know where the Vaughn's are, there is always a story to follow!!

I want to thank all of our friends who have blessed us beyond measure to help us go into the world and preach the gospel. You are such an encouragement to us, and we couldn't do it without you.

Thanks for your prayers!!

No comments: