Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Emmy!

I apologize for my extended absence from my blog these last few weeks.  We have had quite the whirlwind of events take place, but we are glad to be back in the saddle.  I appreciate all of the messages, cards, prayers and words of encouragement.  They have all meant so much. 

I am so happy to finally blog about Emmy’s birthday.  So here goes a marathon post with lots of pictures.

Monday, November 19th was a special day in several ways.  We found ourselves once again at a crossroad of emotions as we walked back through those doors of Labor and Delivery.  It was 18 months to the day that we said goodbye to our precious angel Faith.  It was also the day that our hearts would explode with joy as we would welcome our newest princess, Emmy into this world.

I was so excited and for once my nerves were somewhat calm.  We got checked in and waited our turn.  As you know, I am deathly afraid of needles, so I was extremely blessed to have Dr. E and Dr. A as our anesthesia team.  If you will remember, Dr. A is the one who has the magic spinal touch!!!  We adore him!! 

Our family patiently waited in the waiting room with tons of anticipation.  Cade and SaraGrace had asked tons of questions and wanted to know a play-by-play of what would happen. 

IMG_1972 IMG_1971

I am not sure how they missed out on the picture taking, but we were so blessed to have our very best friends with us too!  Aunt Amy, Bryan and Christina were all there to help us celebrate Emmy’s birth.  I don’t know what we would do without them!!!!!

Before the birth of any of our children, all of the sisters take a picture!  Here we are-

IMG_2001

They rolled us back and got started. 

IMG_1974

Emmy Claire Vaughn was born at 9:24 am weighing 8 lbs., 9.6 oz.  She was 20 3/4” long.

IMG_1978

Sweet girl!  Look at those cheeks!!!IMG_1982 

One of the harder aspects of a c-section is that usually you only see your baby  for a few minutes, then they are whisked off to the nursery until after you are out of recovery.  Shands has a longer recovery period than we had experienced before so I was very anxious about not having my girl with me.  But, thankfully the Lord worked out that detail.  Once Emmy was evaluated, they brought her to me and laid her on my chest.  She stayed there for the remainder of my surgery.  Then I got to hold her as they wheeled us to recovery where she stayed with us the entire time.  I LOVED this!!!  It made my day.

IMG_1989

Rob was one proud daddy.  These two have a special bond for sure!

IMG_1995

I had waited for this moment for 9 months! 

IMG_1997

There was no one more excited to meet Emmy than Cade.  Here he is meeting his baby sister for the very first time.  He looks so proud!

IMG_2011

SaraGrace was a proud big sister!

IMG_2006

Gamma and Emmy-

IMG_2008 

Beas and Emmy-

IMG_2010 

What a blessing and so much joy the Lord has granted us with this precious child.  Rob and I will never again take for granted how precious life is. 

IMG_2012

Emmy is a precious reminder that God is so faithful to fulfill His promises.  An extra added blessing is that as Emmy’s looks have changed, she looks exactly like Faith.  Rob has a picture on his phone of Faith and when put side by side, it is unbelievable.  It blesses my heart just to watch her sleep and see a little of her sister in her.   We are so thankful for the joy she has brought to our lives.  Our cup runneth over!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congratulations! Emmy is one lucky little girl to be welcomed into such a loving family. Have a very Merry Christmas, SB!