Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jesus Loves Barabbas, and He Loves You Too

With Easter upon us, I cannot let this time of year go by without recognizing the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross for my sins.  And not just this time of year.  I am reminded of His love each and every day I am alive.  I am reminded every time I look outside at His wonderful creation.  I am reminded of His sacrifice and love every time I look at my children.  It was a harsh, cruel death that He didn’t deserve.  But He loves me more than my small mind could ever comprehend.

Tim posted this video to our youth page, and when I saw it was 8 minutes long, I almost didn’t take the time to watch it today.  I thought I would wait until tomorrow.  I am so glad I watched it. 

Please take 8 minutes of your day and watch the entire video.  While Jesus loved Barabbas enough to let him go free, it’s a love that He has extended to you and me.  This Easter, search your heart, and think about the gift He gave us.  If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, what are you waiting for?  He is waiting on you with open arms.  He’s already paid the price and given the gift.  All you have to do is accept it.

When I think of the gift of salvation that was paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ, I think of God the Father willfully  giving His son.  He knew there would be some that would reject Him.  He knew there would be many who would turn their backs and ignore what He had done.  As a parent who had to give a child back to our almighty God, I see His gift in a very different way.  I have said it before- I didn’t have a choice in Faith’s life and death, other than to glorify God and be obedient.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I would never willfully choose death for my child.  But God had a choice, and He chose you.  He chose me.  This Easter, I pray you choose Jesus!!!

No comments: