Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Birthday Weekend

As I get older, birthdays aren’t quite as exciting as they used to be:)  But I always love a good excuse to have a great time!!!  This weekend was no exception.

If you have read this blog for any amount of time, you know that sweet Rob HATES Disney.  But thankfully he LOVES me, so he took me there on Saturday.  We haven’t gotten any time to ourselves lately, so I was super excited to have a day for just US! 

We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in our lives. The Rose’s are no exception!  They kept all three of our children while we went on our birthday trip.  They are such a blessing to us!

Our entire trip was based on one rule:  I had to behave!  Rob hates Disney because I embarrass him when people are disrespectful.  You know, like skipping us in line.  Can you believe we got SKIPPED at the ticket window?  By five people?  I was about to flip my lid because it was already happening and we hadn’t stepped foot in the park.  Rob’s famous last words became, “Cheff!  You promised you’d behave.”  I was a good girl and held up my end of the bargain for the rest of the day.

While at the ticket window (Finally…after being skipped by 5 people), Rob told the lady the ONLY reason he was  there was because it was my birthday.  So I got my birthday button.iphone 359 Then I just had to have our picture made in front of the castle.  What is a trip  to Disney without the castle picture?

 iphone 360 Our first order of business was Space Mountain.  We don’t typically get to ride it when we have the kids, so we waited an entire 65 minutes to ride it.  I realized one thing by the end…I am getting old.  I felt like I had been jerked around and beat up.  But it was oh so fun!

iphone 362 We made our rounds to the Haunted Mansion, then Splash Mountain.  We rode Pirates of the Carribbean and some others, too.  The waits were really short, so we got to do everything we came to do. 

Here we are at Splash Mountain!

iphone 363 

We even rode the Magic Kingdom Railroad.  We went all the way around.  I haven’t ridden that in years!!!  It was relaxing and fun to just people watch.

Rob asked me why I love Disney so much.  I have come to the conclusion that it is because I carry so much responsibility in my every day life (and I wouldn’t trade it for anything) but it is nice to feel like a kid every once in a while!!!  Disney just seems to do that to people!  Adults act like kids:)

Sunday was my actual birthday.  Mom fixes us our favorite meal on our birthdays, so I had shrimp, baked potatoes, and a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing made just for me by Wimmy!!!  It was DELICIOUS!!! 

That night, Rob took us out to eat at the new Longhorn restaurant.  It was AMAZING!!!  But the most amazing part was the card I got from my son.  As a parent, sometimes it seems as though you are failing every time you turn around.  I feel like I don’t deserve to be a parent sometimes because I can get snappy, and ungrateful.  But gifts like this are God’s way of telling me He’s got it under control.

  Cade had been hiding this card under his shirt the entire time we were at dinner.  He was so proud!iphone 393

  iphone 395

 iphone 396

I am so blessed to have been given another year on this earth.  My prayer is that I make this year more fruitful than ever by being obedient to God’s calling in my life!!!

No comments: