Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Faith’s Second Birthday

This past weekend, we not only celebrated Emmy turning 6 months old, but we also celebrated Faith’s second birthday.  It was a tough week, but a good week.

Saturday morning started out with a few tears.  I got a text, then saw a facebook message from my best friend, Amy.

amy gardenShe had put the butterflies and angels at Faith’s Garden Saturday morning.  One of the hardest things about losing a child is fear they will be forgotten.  The best way to encourage that parent is to remember that child.  Nothing does my heart good like someone remembering Faith.    Amy never lets me down!!!

That evening, my sweet friend, Kristi had invited me to speak  at her church.  I had the honor of sharing Faith’s story at their ladies event.  

kristi I had worried all day long about being so emotional, but the Lord is faithful and gave me peace.  I met so many wonderful ladies, and I left with the assurance that God is still using Faith’s life to minister to others.

Sunday was her birthday.  I woke up fully expecting to be an emotional wreck.  And I was a little emotional.  But I had such a thankful heart knowing that Faith was singing with Jesus.  It’s what gives me hope.  We had flowers in the church to honor her and her day.

flowersMs. Dianne at Lady Bug Flowers and Plants did an amazing job and the arrangement was fit for a princess!!!

After church, we got an extended nap ( a much needed 2 hours, thank you!!!) and then headed to Faith’s Garden.

Although the Garden always stirs some emotion, I always find hope in this:

plans

We had cleaned everything out a few weeks ago to repurpose it and freshen it up. Rob repainted the sign, and one of our high school students, Lane, repaired our  girl statue.  Then Gamma stopped by with the balloons.  I am so proud of the way it turned out. 

garden

Once we got home, SG wanted to bake something, so we made some pink birthday cookies in honor of Baby Faith.  We had to use the Easy Bake Oven, of course.

oven

SG was the master pastry chef!cookies She must have really liked them because she ate them all by herself:)

I would be telling a story if I tried to act like my heart isn’t broken.  Sunday was a hard day.  But I was reminded that He is ever close to us and never leaves us, even in our darkest days. 

Psalm 34:18

18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

I am overwhelmed by the loving and encouraging words and notes from our friends and loved ones, both old and new.  God has used you to bless our family this past week.  Thank you for being a part of our lives, and for sharing in the life of our sweet daughter.

Our family had made a pact to do something fun each year to celebrate Faith’s birthday.  We will be celebrating this weekend with a fun surprise trip to a Disney resort with the kids.  I am sure there will be plenty to post when I get back.  There is never a dull moment with our bunch!!!

No comments: