Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Catch Up Post that is WAY OVERDUE!!!

Oh my goodness!!!  I have neglected my blog in a huge way, but we have been so busy making memories so it’s been lots of fun!  There is so much to catch up on, so I’ll start with this post, and continue throughout the rest of the week.

As I mentioned before, we didn’t get to do anything the weekend of Faith’s birthday as a family.  Per Cade’s request, we had made a pact that we would celebrate her every year, so we had to make good on that promise.

We headed to the most magical place on earth over Memorial Weekend.

entracneI do not ever tire of Disney World.  It’s a good thing, because we should be added to the payroll since we’ve been there so much in the last couple of weeks:)

We stayed at Coronado Springs again, and loved it.   Our dear friends, the Collins, met us over there to swim and hang out.  The first order of business was to slide into their amazing pool and have a great time.

 kids float pool

These two oldest children of mine are something else!  They love each other so much, then fight like cats and dogs.  They crack us up!!

pool  

The kids loved playing on the steps in the waterfall.

kids steps

Emmy loved the water, but she got so comfy, she slept in her raft as I pulled her around the pool for 45 minutes.  She’s spoiled I tell you!

emmy sleepAfter all of the swimming we could handle for one day, we went to  the Pepper Market Restaurant at the hotel.

Kristen (Kicken) is expecting a baby girl in August and we are over the moon excited!  We worked on Casey all weekend about Baby Girl’s name.  They keep telling us they will agree soon!

collins I love this girl!  One of the greatest blessings of friendship in my life:)

kick

I love this picture of our family.

family 

After dinner, we turned in early.  Our kids were excited to just lay in bed and watch tv.  Since we don’t have tv at home, that is vacation to them.

kids bed We got up early the next morning for breakfast and did some more swimming.  Then it was time to check out.  We had a gift card to Chili’s so we left out and headed there.

me rob Once lunch was over, it was on like Donkey Kong.  Rob surprised me and Cade with the thrill of a lifetime….a ride in a NASCAR!!! 

 cade me track  Somebody was really excited!

me cade racetrack I was excited, but nervous as a pole cat.

me

SaraGrace wanted to ride so bad, but she isn’t quite 6 years old.  Although she tried really hard to convince them that she should get to since she would be 6 on July 30th.  But they let her sit in the car and get her picture taken.

sg car

Cade absolutely LOVED his ride.  Sean, our driver, took him to 120 mph and Cade is still talking about it.

cade car

I got to go 140 mph and I prayed the entire 3 laps.  I told Sean that if you ever wanted to see a praying parent, take them in a NASCAR at 140 mph while their 3 children are watching on the sideline:) 

We were so sad to see the weekend come to an end.  We all had the best time making memories and honoring Faith and her birthday.  I love my family and I thank God every day for the blessings they are in my life.  Although we were sad to leave, we were excited because we knew the Volpes were coming and we were coming back in a few days. 

Stay tuned for the pictures from the Vaughn/Volpe Voyage to the Mouse.  Never a dull moment with all of us!!!

No comments: