Monday, July 12, 2010

8 Years…Who’d Have Thunk It?

Today, Rob and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary.  It’s hard to believe we have been married that long!  Our first year was a whirlwind….met in January, engaged in April, married in July, pregnant (miraculously) in October, new house in March, baby in June, 1 year anniversary July.  Whew…that wears me out just telling y’all about it. 

 

Now, y’all don’t laugh too hard.  Here is a picture from our honeymoon.  I didn’t have any wedding pictures here, so I had to take a picture of a picture.DSC00551 

Speaking of wedding pictures, that is a post all in itself.  When I get time, I want to scan them in and post.  You will have a good laugh.

 

Here is a picture from our mission trip.  It was taken in the basement at Kerrs Creek Baptist Church.

DSC00545

What a world of difference 8 years makes!

Our marriage didn’t start out in a way that God would have been pleased.  We made some choices that lead to many years of heartache.  However, I am so thankful that my God is merciful.  His grace is new each day.  He has brought us from the depths of divorce, alcoholism, and many other worldly traps.  I am now so thankful for the lessons we have learned along the way.  They shape our testimonies and allow God to be shown as victorious. 

 

Rob,  I am so thankful that you came into my life (though we were living in sin:))  I am very proud of the Christian man you have become.  I thank God for the hardships we have faced and conquered through Him.  He is doing a mighty work each day in our lives.  I love you with all of my heart!!!

I have lots to post from the trip, but I will do that tomorrow.

No comments: