Monday, May 9, 2011

Dr. Appointment

I had a doctor’s appointment this morning, and it was certainly a good one. To start things off, I have lost 1/2 pound. I can certainly live with that!!!

They did an ultrasound to check on Faith, and see what she is up to. She has gotten soooooo BIG! We watched as she opened and closed her little mouth, and it was just so sweet. They were also able to watch her do some practice breathing, which is something they didn’t know she would be able to do.

Dr. D showed us all of the little pieces of vernix floating around, and told us that was a good indication that her lungs were fully developed. Now I don’t think they can tell anything about the compressed lung on an ultrasound, so that is something we will have to wait and see about.

She is measuring right on target, and is scheduled to make her debut next Thursday. NEXT THURSDAY! I can’t believe it will only be 10 days until we meet her. I have to say that I have so many mixed emotions ranging from excitement, to anxiety, to sadness. The only thing we know about that day, is that God is in total complete control. Which is a good thing, because only He knows what tomorrow holds.

Today was the last ultrasound we will have, which means it is the last time we will see her before the 19th. It’s a little bittersweet, as we have enjoyed getting to see her totally oblivious to all that is wrong, and all she may face. She just seems so happy, and moves around so much. I think she really enjoys being the center of attention! I’m not really sure where she gets that from:)

faith 37 weeksAs the day gets closer, the days get harder. I am finding that I don’t have it as together as I think. But, I am learning to accept that it is ok to have those days. But I just keep clinging to the verse:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This verse offers so much hope. Hope in the fact that His plans are to prosper us, not harm us. Plans to give us hope and a future. Though we are not guaranteed that those plans include a hope and a future here on earth, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we have a hope and a future in eternity because of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross that day. I am so thankful to serve a God that promises that today is only a snapshot of the bigger plan He has for us. Though it seems like forever, this earth is only temporary. We know that if God sees fit to take Faith to Heaven, we will one day see her again, and never have to let her go. There is no greater hope than that!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so impressed by your attitude~ you are such a wonderful example! Praying for you and Faith today. I haven't been following your story for very long so this may be a stupid question but have you read Angie Smith's book "I Will Carry You"?

Unknown said...

Praying!! The last days are the hardest, so bittersweet. God definitely has it all under control!

Kay said...

i am new to your blog, praying for you as you mourn your little girl. i am so sorry you have to walk this road. God be with you and present in your sorrow!