Friday, August 19, 2011

Faith and Blessings

We're back! We just got back from visiting with the Volpes in Virginia. We had a wonderful time and I have so much to share, but today is all about Faith. She would have been 3 months old today. Time has just flown by. Truthfully, I don't have many words of wisdom today. If I'm being honest, I would have to say that I feel a little lost. I'm stuck between what God has done in my life and what He's going to do next. I have been convicted to spend more time reading my Bible and in prayer, seeking what His will is for my life.

While we were in Virginia, I sang "Blessings" at Kerrs Creek Baptist Church, and we shared some pictures of our girl. That church has been so faithful to pray for our family and we couldn't wait to show them how beautiful she was. Christina made this precious video that played behind me as I sang. She then added the song sung by Laura Story. She worked on this really late one night while I napped on the couch. She added little snippets from my blog posts in between the pictures. As I watched and read these thoughts, it brought tears to my eyes, but joy to my heart. What a blessing Faith has been in our lives! I miss her soooo much, but will hold onto the blessing of being her mother for the rest of my life.

So in honor of Faith's 3 month birthday, I am sharing the video with you.

Much love to all of you!

7 comments:

Hailey said...

SaraBeth, this post made me cry just like your post 3 months ago did. I cannot begin to imagine how hard and trying this time has been and will continue to be for you and Rob. But I know you have peace knowing who she is with. Faith is absolutely the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Your strength inspires me.
-Your friend at NCBC, Hailey :)

Marie said...

Thank you for sharing this video. You are an inspiration, a woman of God, showing strength and courage going through tough times, all the while acknowledging God in your life and all that He has done and will do according to His plans. I just know that He has more blessings to come in your life! Praying that you will know His peace and comfort during these difficult days. Keep writing your wonderful blog and sharing with others, you are such a great witness to so many, touching hearts along the way. God bless you and your family. Marie xox

Brandi B said...

I cried at this post. I have been following SaraBeths blog. her story has moved my so very much. It makes me hold my babies just a little tighter. I hope many great things happen for this family.

Anonymous said...

My mom ran into your mom today and told her to pass the word along to me that you posted this video. I of curse cried the entire way through...I am in awe of you and Rob, SaraBeth and can not imagine handling your trial with such Spiritual maturity and depth. The song is one of my favorites and now each time I hear it I will think of your precious Faith and pray for you and your family. Your pictures are so lovely and I am sure you will treasure them forever. Thank you so much for posting this (and all of your other posts as well). All three of your babies are adorable and I really enjoyed working in SaraGrace's Sunday School class a few weeks back- she is such a hoot! :) see you at church in a few weeks, Leah Byrd

simple.true.love said...

What an AWESOME video ... Faith was such a blessing to so many and I know she will continue to be a blessing to MANY more over the years!! Thank you for sharing Faith with so many BUT most of all thank you for sharing her with me!! I am so proud to call you my sister - my friend!!!! Love YOU!!

From the Bumpy Road said...

SaraBeth,
I continue to keep your family in prayer. This is a beautiful reminder of Faith's life. May God continue to minister to you with His tenderest mercies.
Thinking of you!
Lisa

Kelly Pleil said...

I love you, girl...your whole family, too!! Wow, you are so surrounded by beauty, even in such a painful yet hopeful situation! Love, love, love the video...I don't know how you got through singing to it! Hugging you "virtually"...you family of 5 is just a miracle! :)