Friday, August 26, 2011

Virginia Vacation and My New Blog

We left for Virginia two Thursdays ago, and spent 6 days with our dear friends, the Volpes.  Rob drove through the night, so we arrived in Kerrs Creek around 7:00 Friday morning.

Our first order of business was to get some sleep, but then the fun was on like Donkey Kong.  During the week, we went to Chuck E. Cheese, we got some ice cream, drank about 15 pots of coffee, and consumed nearly 2 gallons of this..

International Delight French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, 32 fl ozI have never been a fan of coffee creamer other than evaporated milk, until these folks got me hooked on this deliciousness.  I’m pretty sure this stuff attributed nearly 4 pounds to the 5 pounds I gained on vacation.

We made a trip to the children’s museum.  Everyone had a blast.

We rode tractors,

 IMG_2991

milked a cow,

 IMG_2994

tried on a bug’s armor,

 IMG_3004

got stuck in a spider web,

 IMG_3008

heard our heart beating on a drum,

 IMG_3012

laughed at Bryan and Christina as they battled it out on the bikes,

 IMG_3014

checked out the human body,

 IMG_3016

raced tiny wooden canoes,

 IMG_3036

went zip lining through the tunnels,

 IMG_3045 IMG_3067

caught a fish with an Indian net,

IMG_3048

built stuff with blocks,

 IMG_3055

attempted to start a fight with Daddy with said blocks,

 IMG_3058

lost the block fight,

 IMG_3065

and our favorite part (especially for my Scooter and her art skills) was painting on the walls of a room.

  IMG_3075 IMG_3085

Cade even got to be a part of a rock band!

 IMG_3092

But the highlight of my trip was doing Zumba at the Moose Lodge.  I have recently found a LOVE for Zumba, but I have to say, you have never really done it unless you’ve done it at the Moose Lodge.

I mean, just look at these facilities!

 IMG_3097

The aroma was so THICK we nicknamed the class EMPHY-ZUMBA because we were so afraid we were going to leave with a slight case of emphysema from the cigarette smoke.

Regardless of how winded we felt, we had a blast.  I will never forget it.  How could you forget with a picture like this?

IMG_3096 

Now, about my new blog layout.  I contacted Tenille and she was a doll!  I sent her the pictures I wanted to use, and she had me up and running the next day.  I have no idea how she does this, as I spent an entire day trying to do it myself.  I am so proud of it and I hope you like it too!!!  If you are interested in a new blog design, I would HIGHLY recommend her. 

5 comments:

Life with The Smith Family said...

HAHA, don't you love our Zumba environment! Just makes ya wanna work out!! Too funny..glad to finally meet you we enjoyed having yall at church :)

Christina said...

Ahhhh...Good times, good times! We miss you guys. Wish the week could have lasted a lot longer! I love you SB!

Anonymous said...

like the new blog layout.

Carrie said...

I am flat worn out reading all y'all have been up to! Looks like a great time :) And Zumba at the Moose Lodge is just too much!

Kay said...

WOW, talk about fun!!! That looks amazing!! We may need to check that place out.