Monday, February 20, 2012

Coach and Kicken

Rob is back from Honduras!  Can I get a Hallelujah?  I’m so happy to have him back, and I think he’s glad to be back too.  I have some fun pictures to post, but I’m waiting on the CD.  I’ll try to do that tomorrow.  But a fun one for today:

On Thursday night, we had the annual Fellowship of Christian Athletes banquet.  This year, the guest speaker was Coach Bobby Bowden.  Since I wasn’t going to have a date, I invited my dear friend, Kristen (Kicken, as lovingly named by SG).  She is an avid Seminole and even was a member of the Marching Chiefs.  I was able to score her a position as his assistant with the book signing.

Kicken and BobbyShe was so happy!!! 

Even though I am not a Seminole, I have to say that Bobby’s got it going on.  He gave a heck of a message.  My favorite part was that parents need to MAKE their children go to church.  He said that his momma had to make him go to school because he hated to go.  So we, as parents, should make our kids go to church, even if they don’t want to go.  He was very open about his salvation, and really was an inspiration.

After he was done speaking, Kicken and I were able to fly on Papa Gator Air back to Tallahassee with him.  Coach slept, we talked.  It was such a fun night!!

The Papa Gator himself.  

dad pilot

I’m so thankful for the memories we made that night.  It was so much fun to get to meet and greet with Coach Bowden, but even more special to experience it with a great friend!!!

me and kick

No comments: