Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School – 2012

Our summer is officially over, and we got back to it this morning.  We woke up with a Kindergartner and a Fourth Grader.  Part of my hormonal, pregnant self wanted to be a little emotional about it, but I when I saw how excited they were this morning, I was excited for them.

Cade is way too big to be taking “first day of school” pictures.  It liketa killed him.

Cade I cannot believe he is in fourth grade.  It blows my mind.  You see that belt?  Now that was a story.  At their  school, the dress code calls for shirts tucked in and a belt at fourth grade and older.  Cade despises having his shirt tucked in and wearing a belt.  I can’t get upset with him because he gets it honest.   Rob is the same way!  However, I think he looked mighty handsome:)

Miss Thang was ready to go, too!

SG She talked nonstop from the time she rolled out of bed until I left her at the school this morning.  She was really excited.  It made her day that everyone noticed her glittery “toms”.

I just love school uniforms.  I know that everyone doesn’t share that opinion, but it makes life so easy.  SG can pick out her own clothes in the morning, and there is no argument.  Can I get an Amen?

Last night, I had them lay out their clothes for today.  When I told her to pick out what she was wearing, she said, “Let me ask Cade what color he is wearing.”  They can choose from red, navy, light blue or white.

She hollered at Cade down the hall, so he came running.  She asked him what color he was going to wear and he said, “Red.”

She then told me, “I’m gonna wear red too.   That way, I can match Cade.”

I thought it was so sweet that she wanted to match her brother.  Cade wasn’t as thrilled, but I was really proud of him.  He played along and made her feel special.

kids 2 

I have prayed for their teachers all day long.  Especially that Kindergarten teacher.  I have a feeling she may need some Tylenol and a nap when her day is over:)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love it! The matching uniforms are too much, what a thoughtful little sister!