Friday, February 11, 2011

Pressed, but not Crushed

2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

I haven’t written lately, because, frankly, I’ve been feeling pretty pressed. The last few days have been emotional. Not that anything particular has happened, or anything has changed, but I think the realization that we still have some pretty hard days ahead can be burdensome.

Then I came across this verse that someone had written on their blog. I have read it many times, and the song “Trading my Sorrows” is one of my favorites. How encouraging it is to know that no matter how the world tries to press us, persecute us, or strike us down, we will never be crushed, abandoned or destroyed. How do we know this? Jesus promises us this in His word.

Even in my darkest days, I have the light of His promises to stand upon.

Thank you, God, for your promises. Thank you for keeping me from being crushed, even when I’m being pressed like I’ve never been pressed before. I’m feeling pretty struck down right now, and my burden seems heavy. Thank you for picking me up, and carrying me through these days ahead.

No comments: