Monday, February 21, 2011

When Life Doesn’t Go OUR Way

Anyone who has walked on this earth knows that things aren’t always going to go our way. And when they don’t, it stinks. Like really stinks!!!

As a Christian, we have heard about God’s will. The funny thing about His will is that we are all about “God’s will be done” until it doesn’t look the same as ours. Then, all of a sudden, we’re not so sure about His will.

This has been one of the biggest life lessons I have learned while carrying Faith. I’ve said it before that when we first found out we were pregnant, and experiencing the first set of complications, I prayed that God’s will would be done; even though I was secretly praying that our wills would match. Our hearts desire was granted, but it looked much differently than we had planned. Of course, I knew that God had complete control, but I had to TRUST Him to control it. It is situations like ours that make it sometimes hard to pray that God’s will be done.

However, I am learning that if you TRUST Him, you can TRUST His will. Just because it doesn’t work out the way that we would like, or what we want, or if it looks differently than we had planned, His plans are PERFECT! He knows how things work out, long before we are even aware of the situation.

When we trust God and His plans, we have to be willing to accept His plans! Even if it’s not how we wanted things to turn out. That’s the beauty of trusting the Lord with all of your heart. I’m so thankful to know that God’s got it all together. Even when I don’t! I’m thankful that the Savior loves me enough to care so much about me that He is willing to go before me and hold my hand while I walk through the valley.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: