Friday, February 25, 2011

Still I Will Praise You

It’s hard to find things to be thankful for when you feel like you are constantly being held down by the world. But even in the midst of the storms of life, we have so many things to praise God for. I just feel like I need to be reminded of those things, so here they are:

  • My salvation. I’m so thankful that God loved us so much that He sent His son to die for our sins. Because of this, I have eternal life and eternal hope through Him. I will never be alone because He will carry me through the days.
  • My husband. I’m so thankful for Rob, and the way he loves me. He is my best friend and I couldn’t imagine my life without him.
  • My children. They are the light of my life. There is never a dull moment in our house. Though that can sometimes be tough, I would never trade it for anything in this world.
  • This pregnancy. I have never been one that has enjoyed being pregnant. But I will have to say that even though this has been a tough one, I have enjoyed it the most! I think it’s because I have learned not to take the little details for granted, because the fact I can even carry a child is a blessing. Faith has taught us so much, and God is changing lives through her story. I’m so thankful that He has chosen us to be her parents.
  • My family. We are so blessed to have them close by, and for all of their help with the kids. My kids love their grandparents, and I am so thankful for the life they have given me. My sisters are also a blessing to me. I’m so glad we all live so close and can spend time together.
  • My friends. A girl can’t make it through this life without friends. I have been extremely blessed to have some wonderful friends. Especially my Amy!!! But there are many others as well that have really reached out to us. We will never forget the encouraging words, the hugs, the calls, the emails that have really helped us through the tough days.
  • Our insurance. We have had a lot of doctor appointments, and it hasn’t cost us one cent extra. What a blessing that has been. God has really taken care of us in this area.

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for all of the many things you have blessed me with in my life. I know I deserve none of these things, but I’m so thankful for each of them. Thank you for your faithfulness to sustain us in such tough days. You never cease to amaze me in how you show up on a daily basis. I shouldn’t be surprised, because you tell us you are here with us. But I’m thankful for the ways you let us know you’re here. You know my heart’s desire is for our daughter to arrive perfectly healthy, and to live a perfectly normal life. What a testimony that would be. However, I know that your will may be different than mine, and if it is, I trust you completely. Even if you choose to take her to be with you, what a testimony that will be! Lord, I will choose to praise you no matter the outcome, because regardless of how the next chapter unfolds, you are still the same AWESOME God! We still have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for loving me!

Amen!

No comments: