Friday, November 11, 2011

Toenails, Hoarding and Memories

This is a post filled with the random things that happened this week.

We begin with toenails:

Rob had an ingrown toenail that he tried to nurse back to health for almost 2 months.  He finally gave in and went to the doctor.  He HATES going to the doctor, but I had to document it:)

Here he is reading a magazine trying to take his mind off of that needle they were fixin’ to stick him with.

Rob toe

Then he realized I was taking pictures of him, and he knew that undoubtedly he would end up on my blog.

Rob toe faceNeedless to say, the toe is on the road to recovery, thank goodness.

Next we have hoarding:

I have raised a mini-hoarder.  SaraGrace’ s room is always a disaster, because she just has too much stuff.  I decided it was time to clean out.  She is just like me, in that she remembers who gave her each and every thing and she finds sentimental value in it all.

How did I convince her to throw away her stuff?  I told her that if we didn’t make room, we couldn’t get any toys for Christmas.  I know that bribing a child isn’t always the best thing, but desperate times call for desperate measures!  Here is the finished product:

SG Clean room  

I didn’t take a before picture, but just trust me when I say it looks AMAZING now.

See that Annie doll on her bed?  That is a special memory for me.  I got this doll for Christmas in 1982.  I was 3 1/2. 

Sb annie 

And here she sits on SaraGrace’s bed where she keeps her company every night.

annie sg bed Now, Annie looks like she has taken a beatin’, and to tell you the truth, she has.  Just look at that hair?  SaraGrace told me the last little girl that played with her did that, not her:)

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I am crossing my fingers for a FUN post on Monday. 

2 comments:

Life with The Smith Family said...

All I got to say is..that is one BIG Annie doll, hahaa. In the pic she's bigger than you are! LOL...glad you got to pass something down to your little girl that was yours. :)

simple.true.love said...

I am just thankful you didn't put up a picture of the toe ... that should NOT be made public!!!! :)

Gracie's room looks GREAT!! I'm so proud of you AND her for being able to part with so much stuff!!

Oh My Word that Annie Doll is TALL. Is she taller than Gracie?? Oh and by the way I LOVE the "stension" the last little girl put in her hair!! ;)