Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Well

Casting Crowns just came out with their new album, “Come to the Well.”  I first heard a couple of these songs at Rock the Universe, and the song “The Well” hit me right where it counts.

The message of the song is that we create our own wells, and we want them to work.  We want Jesus to make our plans, our wells, whatever WE want to work.  And we tire ourselves, because let’s face it….we are not capable on our own!

The song says “I have what you need, but you keep on searching.  I’ve done all the work, but you keep on working. “

How true is that?  Jesus has it all figured out.  He’s done it all, but we find ourselves trusting in our plans even more than His.  We use him as a last resort.

I have had a hard couple of weeks, and a lot on my mind.  I have found myself asking God why He thinks I can handle so much?  But then I hear this song and I am reminded that I can do it, as long as I am drinking from His well.  He’s done all the work!!!  I need to quit trying to do life on my own, and just come to the Well.

What wells are you drinking from?  If it isn’t Jesus’ well, then I pray you will open your hearts and listen to this song…

No comments: