Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Faith!

Tomorrow is Faith’s birthday.  It is so hard to believe it has been one year since I held my angel.  But I’m so blessed to have so many memories of that day.  I wanted to post today, because we have special plans for tomorrow, so I won’t be blogging until Monday.

It could have been a very tough week for us, and some days have been tougher than others.  However, I have had a peace that passes all understanding this last half of the week.  While we should be having a birthday party filled with balloons and presents, Faith is having one heck of a celebration in Heaven. 

I want tomorrow to be all about Faith’s life, not her death.  She was an amazing little girl, that Jesus used to show His love to others.  She has made an impact on many lives, and the Lord is still using her today.

We went to Faith’s Garden last night, to put out her birthday flowers.

flowers 1

These flowers were used at our ladies luncheon for the little girls table.  Their theme was “Garden of Faith.”  I knew those flowers would be perfect for her birthday.  They are big, bright, and they make you happy when you see them.

gardenWe also replaced her solar daisies because they got damaged by the weather.  Now her light can shine, even in the dark:)

I got a text last week from Cade’s teacher.  He was having a hard day, and was really upset about Faith’s birthday.  He made her a card, and wouldn’t show it to us until yesterday.  He taped it to her stone, and wanted to leave it there.

 

The front:card front 

The inside:

card

I thought it was really sweet.

While my heart is still broken, and my arms long to hold her, I am so proud of my little girl.  She has forever changed our lives, and I’m a better person, a stronger person because of her little life.  Thank you all for sharing in our journey with her.  We could not have made it through this year without the strength from Jesus Christ, and the prayers and support of our friends.  Thank you for loving our Faith!!!

Our Dearest Faith,

It has been one year since we saw your face and held you in our arms.  What a year it has been.  We have had many ups and downs, but we have made it with the help of our Father.

I always get so tickled at your brother and sister.  Every time one of them does something they shouldn’t, they always remind each other that you are watching them.  That seems to get their attention.

We miss you so much, but we know you are living it up in Heaven with Jesus.  We can’t wait to get there to see you again.  We love you sweet girl, and we can’t wait to tell your little brother or sister all about you.  I want them to know how strong and how brave you were. 

There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of you, or wish I could hold you or sing to you.  But you have the angels, so I guess they’ll have to do.

Happy Birthday, precious girl.  We love you and miss you so much!

Momma

No comments: