This little girl has brought so much joy into our lives. We have enjoyed every minute with her. She has even slept through the night the last two nights!!! We laugh at how differently we do things now compared to when Cade was a baby. Here are just a few:
- Cade was a Pampers only baby. Emmy gets whatever is on sale. (Publix brand diapers are actually pretty good.)
- Cade had every piece of baby gear known to man. Until recently, Emmy only had a pack and play, a stroller and a car seat. We just borrowed a swing and bouncer from Aunt Beas.
- Cade was dressed to the nines each and every day, down to shoes and socks at all times. He NEVER wore a onesie unless it was to sleep. Emmy is always in a sleeper or a onesie, and the girl has only worn shoes twice! Hey…you gotta be comfy!
- SaraGrace (she is not Cade, but our first girl) always had a bow in her hair-even if we were just going to the grocery store. Emmy HATES a bow, so she rarely wears one. I don’t have the energy to fight with a bow.
- Cade wore a new outfit every day, rarely wearing the same thing twice. Emmy has a few favorites, and we are wearing them out!
- If Cade cried in the car, we would pull over, feed him, change his diaper and do everything we could to pacify him. Poor Emmy! She has to cry it out until we get to where we are going (within reason, of course!)
My point is…I used to worry about all of the unimportant little things that I thought made me a better mom. Because you know that using Pampers makes you the best!!! With baby number 4, we are learning to enjoy every minute of every day with her, and not get caught up in the little things. Maybe it’s because we are older. Maybe it’s because we’re wiser. Or maybe it’s because we are too dang tired to worry about any of it.