Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was so much fun this year. I think partly because both kids were really excited. SG would turn on our Christmas tree everyday, and sing Rudolph, Jingle Bells and all of the other Christmas songs in her repertoire.

Our festivities began Christmas eve with prime rib, shrimp, and the fixings at my parents house, to celebrate Christmas with Nanny. After we ate, we exchanged gifts with her. It was a lot of fun!

We, along with Beas, Jah and Brinley, spent the night there. We just knew our kids would be up early, so we lectured Aunt Kiss and Uncle Jacob that they better be there by 7:00 am, because little ones just don’t wait!!! Wouldn’t you know, we had to PRY our kids out of bed. Once they got up, it was ON! We realized how truly blessed we all are. I thought Christmas morning would be tough, but God blessed us with peace and excitement as we watched our children enjoy all of their loot!

We left that day to go to the “Hun-tin House” for our vacation. It was so relaxing, especially when there is nothing to do but shoot animals and sit around and eat. And we did a lot more eatin’ than shootin’. I do love that all of our family enjoys to hunt. We all (including the kids) go together and have some good family fun. Things had been pretty slow at the beginning.

Tuesday we celebrated Rob’s 32nd birthday. My mom cooked his favorite, chicken and rice, and I got him a Carvel ice cream cake. It was heaven on earth I tell you!!!

Then, around 9:00 that night, my dad got the call. My sister, Christen/Kiss and her husband Jacob were up there with us, along with his 2 kids. The sheriff’s department called my dad to make sure no one was at their house, because it was up in flames. Of course, we were all devastated. What a year this had been!!! After we all spent time realizing the blessing that no one was home, we were going to pack up and come home. But they told us there was nothing we could do, so we needed to stay put!

They left the next morning, because they had to see it for themselves. We offered to go with them, but they wouldn’t let us. But, my mom was worried about them, because she knew it would be devastating when they saw it. Good ole’ Amy, my BFF was so kind to go and be there when they got there. Thank God for her. I really don’t know what my life would be like without her!

Here are the pictures she sent:

house

car boat

Jacob’s truck and her boat were under the new car port next to the house, and they were lost as well. But it is amazing how God shows up at times like this. We always question Him, asking “Where are you, Lord?” or “How can you let this happen?” But I can assure you that He is everywhere, even in the tragedies. The outpouring of love and support for them has been amazing. God has blessed them far beyond what anyone can imagine. They have a temporary place to live, and are working hard to put their lives back together. Please continue to pray for them.

On Wednesday, I was feeling kind of down, because I hadn’t felt Faith move in over a week. I don’t feel her very often, but just when I start to worry, Jesus lets me know that she is still there through a little kick!! I cherish each time I get to feel her move. Anyway, I was convinced she was gone, but that night I was laying in Rob’s lap and twisted a certain way. She didn’t like that very much because she kicked the snot out of me!! I was just so thankful for that little blessing.

The rest of the week was fairly laid back. We enjoyed each other as a family, and made memories that will last a lifetime!

I will definitely post some pictures as soon as I get them from Beas’ camera!

I hope that the new year brings you peace and blessings that come only from God. We never know what tomorrow holds, but we do know that He holds tomorrow!

No comments: