Thursday, January 13, 2011

Please Pray….

I hate to write so many heavy posts, but I do want to make sure that I remember as many details about our journey as I can. I know that there will come a day when Cade or SaraGrace will ask more questions as they have time to process, so I want to make sure I don’t forget.

These past two weeks have been heavy. Our goal for this month was to have all of the arrangements for Faith put together. We are still hoping and praying for a miracle, but if that is not God’s plan, we want to be as prepared as possible. Cade and SaraGrace have both had some tough days this past week. SG is really starting to understand what is going on, and that has been really hard as a Momma to help comfort her. Cade had some pretty rough days too, and when we sat him down to talk to him, he shared that he was “mad that his sister has to die.” He is really internalizing this, and we are praying hard that God will direct and guide us in what to say to him.

But, some sweetness has come from this as well. We are planning on taking a family vacation in the near future, and in the midst of the conversation, Cade piped in. He said, “Mommy, every year on Faith’s birthday, can we go do something fun to remember her?” That just melted my heart!!!! I asked him what he had in mind, but he said he would come up with some ideas.

Last night, during choir practice, Michael shared about how we sometimes become so self-contained, that we do not feel like we have to rely on God for anything. But then things come along, and we find that we have nothing else but Him; that we have to cry out to Him. Jesus loves it when we cry out to Him and give Him all of our burdens. I just want to encourage you to give EVERYTHING to Jesus. Not just your blessings and your thanks, but your burdens as well. Let Him bless you with the peace that passes all understanding. I am so thankful for all of the ways we have been able to see God at work-especially in the small details. He cares so much about the little details, that you have to know He cares about the big things too. I probably would be missing out on those things, if it weren’t for Faith. I just find myself falling more in love with Him, and longing for even more of a relationship.

It amazes me that He knows my name, my every thought, and as the songs says, He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call.

Please pray for us over the next few weeks, as we seek God’s will in the details of our Faith. We want Him to get the glory for all of the great things He has and will do!

Psalm 40: 1-3

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, SaraBeth- praying often for you guys! I cant even imagine how hard this is for the kids, and how hard it is for you, as their parents to explain it. Things like this are hard enough on us adults, much less children... I will be praying hard specifically for Cade & SaraGrace.