Thursday, October 27, 2011

Colors, Costumes and Cutting a Rug

Last week, my dear friend Courtney invited me to a painting class at Corks & Colors.  She had been several times, and her work was AMAZING!  I did tell her I can’t draw a straight line with a ruler, but it would be a great time.

This is the best my canvas looked all night!

 school pics 2011 001

Here is a picture of the sample…in other words, what my art is supposed to look like.

school pics 2011 004

And here we are with our finished pieces.

 school pics 2011 006

school pics 2011 003

When we got home, I showed it to Rob.  His response was “It’s not that bad.”  He was pretty impressed.  In fact, he was so impressed he hung it in our kitchen. 

Last night, we went to a fall festival at a church just down the road from us.  Some friends had invited us to join them, so we dressed the kids up, and had a great time.

 costume fall festival 2011

Notice the princess has on a tutu!  Her kitty costume was at Gamma’s, so Ariel was her only choice.  And Cade chose to wear his ghillie suit, and boy was he a hit!  Everyone asked us where we got it from, and he was so proud.

And finally, if you need a good laugh today, you have come to the right place.  SG was jacked up on candy, and decided to have a dance session with Elmo.

Even Cade makes a cameo in his underwear.  I hope you all have a happy Thursday!!!

2 comments:

catrinaisme said...

Love the dance moves!!!

Carrie said...

Seriously, the funniest thing I've seen all day!