Monday, October 31, 2011

PLANS

I had planned on posting some videos from the weekend today (they are hilarious!!!  How about some mechanical bull riding?), but the Lord had different plans for my post.

When I spoke at the WRMC banquet a couple of weeks ago, I really prayed about what to share.  Of course I wanted to share all about our daughter, but I also wanted to share how AWESOME our  God is, even in such a trial.  The Lord laid it on my heart to talk about plans.

The verse we cling to for Faith’s life is Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord.  “Plans to proper you, not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future.”

I shared with the audience that even though the plans WE had made for her life did not come to be, the plans that HE had for her life did.  Although her life was short, she made an impact on many people both near and far.  She showed the world that if we just allow God the opportunity to reveal the plans He has for us, what kind of impact can we make?  The impact she made was HUGE for only living 9 months and 42 minutes.  What kind of impact can we have in a lifetime if we choose to follow the plans He has for us?

This morning, our daily Bible verse was Jeremiah 29:13: You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Are you seeking Him with all of your heart?  What is standing in the way His plans for you?

As Rob and I continue to seek God’s plans for our family, I ask you to please be in prayer for us tomorrow.  We have a meeting to discuss a possible opportunity, and we are just asking that His will be done.  We are open and willing if that is what He wants.

I pray that each of you know that the Lord has great plans for you. 

1 comment:

simple.true.love said...

Tomorrow IS the BIG day isn't it ... praying that again the Lord will reveal HIS plan!! Love YOU!!