Friday, June 1, 2012

Cade – a Fourth Grader?

I cannot believe today is Cade’s last day in 3rd grade.  How in the world did this happen?  My little boy is growing up in more ways than one.

Just when  I thought we were over the grieving hump with him, last night he had a moment.  He was doing chores, and told me he needed to talk to me.

He said, “Momma, I wish I had a normal life.”  I thought I was going to hear about how terrible it was that he had to do chores.  But the conversation took a different turn.

As I was trying to get to the bottom of what his “normal” would be,  he finally told me that his life was not normal because his sister died.  My heart just broke.  I explained to him that everyone at some point in their lives would experience loss, whether it was a grandparent or a parent, or in our case, a child.

I didn’t win him over on the subject, but he did feel a little better.  He is so grown, yet so young.

On a funnier note:  This morning, Rob and I were discussing girl names (because we already have a boy name) and I said, “How about Emma Kate?”

Cade yelled from the back seat, “Momma!  That sounds like defecate, and that means to poop!”  I guess we will cross that name off of the list:)

I’m so proud of Cade.  He is the smartest boy, and he works so hard in school.  I never have to worry about his grades, and for that I am thankful.  I’m so blessed to be his Mommy!

No comments: