Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Eye Black

This year, Cade decided he wanted to wear eye black with a Bible verse each week to his games.  For his first game, he chose Philippians 3:14 - 

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

At first, I thought Rob had gotten it backwards, assuming Cade had chosen Phil 4:13.  But they both quickly informed me that all was right with the world.

This week, he came running into my bedroom and said, “Mom, what is  Faith’s verse again? I want to use that one.  I know what it says, but I can’t remember where it is found.”

I thought it was so  sweet he wanted to use Faith’s verse.

I wanted so badly to get a picture to remember his sweet words by.  However, he was not happy with me at all because I was embarrassing him in front of his teammates:)

eye blackBut I got it anyway!!!

The really cool thing about his weekly eye black is that he has chosen to learn each of the verses.  He said if people ask him what they mean, he needs to be able to tell them.

He’s such a sweet boy!!!  Even if he is giving me dirty looks in the camera:)

No comments: