Friday, September 7, 2012

Step Out

Sometimes it’s a struggle to fully comprehend what God is calling us to do.  Maybe we don’t understand what it is He’s asking, or maybe it’s just out of our comfort zone.

Recently, Rob and I were asked to teach the high school Sunday School class.  Can I just say that teaching IS NOT MY GIFT!!!  Rob is in his element while teaching or leading a Bible Study group, but I have always been perfectly happy just being a bystander.

Last Sunday was our first official class.  I was a nervous wreck all week, because I felt like I was a fish out of water.  When we sat down together to prepare our lesson, I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.  I was feeling so sorry for all of the students:)  I told Rob he could teach, and I would just fill in where needed.

Once Sunday rolled around, I really prayed that the Lord would use us in any way He saw fit.  Can I tell you what a BLESSING our class was?  It was so much fun, and Rob and I talked about it all the way home from church.  Those students blessed us in ways you can’t even imagine.

I write all of this to say….when God calls you to do something, don’t be scared.  It’s probably not in your comfort zone because that would be too easy.  Step out and trust Him.  He knows what’s best!!!  You never know how you may be a blessing to someone.  You also never know the blessing you may be missing out on.

1 comment:

jeannette said...

GIRL...you will be so good with them and have so much to offer them...be sure to always have a little "fun" something included for just a few minutes and encourage lots of discussion....you will be awesome! Misssssss you Jeannette