Friday, April 8, 2011

Sunday Shootin’

It is no secret that our entire family, including the princess, LOVES to hunt.  We enjoy spending the time together, and the thrill of the chase.  Every one has their own gun, except me, of course.  I have been using one of Rob’s guns, and have been quite successful.

My honey has wanted me to have my own gun for some time.  However, I never spend money on myself, and if I was going to, it sure wouldn’t be on a gun!  So he took matters into his own hands.  While we were in Orlando, he found a “STEAL OF A DEAL” and bought me my very own 270 rifle.  YIPPEE!!!!  It’s what every 8 month pregnant woman needs:)

We took it to the farm on Sunday to do some shootin’, and made it a family affair. 

Here is our pack of hoodlums (who proudly dressed themselves, I might add):

Loving the camo-trimmed shirt, pink polka dot pants and frog rain boots.  Looks like she came straight from the farm!  Not to mention, the pink “boo-boo gun.”

SG bb gun

Cade said those were his lucky shorts, and he needed some luck trying to kill some birds. 

 Cade bb gun

Let’s just say he should’ve left ‘em at home.  But he did have a great time stalking the birds from under the tree:)

 

Now….I know there are some things that should be kept private, and the following picture is probably one of them.  However, I have no shame, and I think it is necessary to get the full image of an incredibly huge pregnant, gun totin’, croc wearin’ momma.  And we wonder where SG gets it from!!!

 SB gun

We shot all afternoon, and I am still sporting a bruise on my arm, not to mention I think Faith is still traumatized from all of the booms and bangs she had to endure. 

Here I am with my second target.  My hubby was a little proud that I did hit the bulls eye once….at 50 yards.

 SB target

No comments: