Friday, June 10, 2011

Songs that Inspire Me

I LOVE music! I love to sing, and play the piano. I just wish I did it more often. There have been several songs that have meant so much to me over the past several months and I wanted to share them with you. These songs were sung at Faith’s service, and they will forever hold a special place in my heart. I have posted the links to the original artists singing the songs on YouTube.

The first one is “I Will Carry You.” It was written by Angie and Todd Smith after the loss of their daughter. I wore out the Selah CD listening to it so much. Kelly did a beautiful job singing this song.

The next one is “Lord I Run to You” by Tommy Walker. Our choir got this song to sing and it spoke to me in such an amazing way. I have sung it over and over. So Michael sang it for us at Faith’s service.

This last one I had never heard until I had asked Brad for some suggestions for songs. Steven Curtis Chapman sings this song, “With Hope.” Brad sang this at the end of Faith’s service. What a message! We can cry and and say goodbye with hope! We know it’s not the end:)

I hope they encourage you as they have me. Do you have any songs that inspire you?

1 comment:

agrocks said...

In Christ Alone - sung by Travis Cottrell

There are definitely others but I love that first line. The feeling and intensity of the song gets me every time. It is also a great reminder of where my focus should be.