Thursday, January 5, 2012

Miss Kitty and Prayer Requests

Miss Kitty is adjusting to life pretty good in the Vaughn household.  She has now become just like one of our children.  She is rambunctious, free-spirited, and doesn’t listen very well:)  However, she has become pretty good friends with the person that disliked her the most.

See this?kitty 2

When we sit on the couch, she snuggles with her best friend ONLY.

kitty 3

She gets rubbed and petted, and she is just in heaven.

kitty 4

And how dare you wake her?  She just sleeps so peacefully.

kitty 5

And just who is her best friend in the whole wide world? 

kitty 6 I love how she rides around on his shoulder all the time.  I sometimes wanna ask, “Kitty want a cracker?”

She does keep us laughing by jumping in the shower with us, attacking our feet under the covers at night, and running like a crazy woman all over the house.  And we always find her hiding in the craziest places….

kitty 7

The chip bag in the pantry being the latest.

On a more serious note, I have a couple of prayer requests…

  • Our friends, Josh and Chelsea Chappell, lost their 3 month old son in his sleep this week.  Rob and I have been in touch with them and are going to the visitation tonight and the funeral tomorrow.  Please pray for this sweet family as their life has been tragically changed forever.  Also, please pray that the Lord will give Rob and I the strength to be the friends they need us to be.  This has uncovered some emotions that we thought we had buried pretty deep.  We are just hurting so much for them.

 

  • Please pray for me as I have decided to be obedient to a calling that the Lord has laid on my heart.  A possible door has opened for me to write a book.  I haven’t shared this because frankly, I don’t want to fail and have to share my failure.  But I know that I have to be obedient to pursue it, and trust the Lord will open and close the doors as He sees fit.  I got a very encouraging phone call today, and it looks like I am going to have to get busy pretty soon.  Please pray for me to not get discouraged, to glorify God with all of my words and decisions,  and that He will give me clear direction in what He would have me do.

Thank you all for loving and supporting our friends and family with your prayers.

 

Much love!

2 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

praying for you and Rob and the family that has lost a little one.

catrinaisme said...

Our family will keep your friends in our prayers and continue to keep your family in our prayers.

I love the kitty, we want one but Jon says "NO",he says we have to sell a kid first. So since that's no happening guess we're not getting a kitty. Oh well!

I've always told you that you are an amazing writer, you will not fail. I will buy your book when it comes out :-)

Catrina