Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yo Ho Yo Ho

Today was SaraGrace’s pirate party at school.  They could dress up, but couldn’t bring any guns or swords.  Of course, SG was disappointed that she could not bring her armory with her, but she quickly got over it.

Thankfully, one of her sweet teachers texted me to remind me about it yesterday.  I had plans to be creative and come up with a really cute outfit.  That was yesterday.  At 6:45 this morning, I remembered she was supposed to dress up.  I had nothing put together.  I emptied out her drawers in a hurry, and this is what I came up with…

photoBless her heart!  She had a really cute black belt on, but she didn’t understand why she had to wear it over her shirt.  And those leggings, oh my!  I grabbed my scissors and cut up the skirt, and when SG saw me doing that, she started asking lots of questions.  I certainly hope she didn’t get any ideas. 

I may have a couple of talents, but costume design is not one of them.  Luckily, she thinks her costume is awesome and as her momma, that’s all that matters!!!

No comments: