Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday Fun

Yesterday afternoon, we had some friends over for lunch and some Sunday fun.  After church, we gathered at our house for some barbecue sandwiches, and then the fun began. 

I have been wanting to go to the Christian bookstore to get a couple of books.  One was the Resolution for Women and the other was the Made to Crave devotional book.  My friends, Ashley and Angi went with me and we had a great time shopping.  I wanted to update Faith’s garden, and yesterday was the day to do it.  We found all kinds of things to buy so we shopped ‘til we dropped.

We added all of the new goodies, along with some I had gotten the day before, and this was our Sunday Fun!

I love this angel!!  It says “He walks with me and He talks with me.”  I would love to know what Faith and Jesus talk about.

angel

 

This flag is so bright and cheery and says, “He has made everything beautiful in its time.”  I know my beautiful Faith has been made perfect!

flag

Angi and Ashley bought this sign for Faith’s garden.  It adds the perfect touch!

faith

The new flowers added a touch of color, and even look a little Valentine-y.  Here is the finished project.  It looks so pretty and girly.

faith garden 2  

While we were out shopping and decorating, the boys and the kids were treasure hunting in our back yard.  Cade got a metal detector for Christmas and finally took it for a spin. 

Here is all of their loot:

treasure 

The most exciting find of the day?

knife 

An old rusty Case pocket knife.

I think they had a great time digging up my yard.  If not, it looks like an armadillo had the time of his life!!!

No comments: